1. In order to enhance continued competence, all diplomates must complete a minimum of 12 credit hours of continuing education in nutrition each calendar year in a program of study approved by the Board.
The mandatory 12 credit hours of continuing education in nutrition may be waived by the Board if the diplomat:
2. In order to enhance continued competence the diplomate must certify to the Board that they have reviewed a minimum of 12 articles yearly in the field of nutrition published in indexed peer reviewed journals. The diplomat must provide the Board with the names of the articles, author(s) and journal citations when requested by the Board.
3. Pay the recertification fee online (currently $200.00) on or before the 31st of December each year.
4. Upload a copy of the transcript /certificate showing attendance from the sponsoring college or university or verification, or verification of alternative recertification method.
5. Beginning 2020, all Diplomates are required to attend ONE annual meeting every three years.
6. Delinquent Penalties If requirements are not received by December 31st:
a) If you completed your 12 CE hours before the deadline, but submit late, there will be a $250.00 penalty
b) If you fail to earn your CE hours before the deadline, there will be 12 additional CE hours required (for a total of 24 CE due).
If you have a hardship or anticipate that you can not complete your recertification requirements in a timely manner, send an email explaining the issue to the CBCN before November 30th.
Current 300 hour Nutrition Diplomate Programs
CE Cruncher - Online Program
Contact Amy Tirpak - Amy@CECruncher.com